A couple of good articles on the future of car sharing: Susan Shaheen writes about a couple of big barriers to entry for more universal use. Sarwant Singh writes about how quickly the notion of car ownership is changing.
Annamaria Andriotis of The Wall Street Journal has a (somewhat) nuanced view of owning vs. renting homes. I'd love to see their formula, as my guess is it's more skewed toward ownership than what is alluded to. For my own much more skeptical view from a few years ago, click here.
If you got value from this post, please consider the following:
- Sign up for my email list
- Like The Messy City Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter
- Invite or refer me to come speak
- Check out my urban design services page
- Tell a friend or colleague about this site