Yes, I'm joking. But for many years there's been a running theme in the planning and development world that pedestrian-only streets can never work and that having cars on the street is always preferable. They simply won't work otherwise. It's common even among many of my most respected friends and colleagues.
I know, I know: density, captive market, yadda yadda yadda. But can we at least start to have a conversation about how much better such streets are for humans?
Today's installment from Streetfilms - the pedestrian streets of Guadalajara:
If you got value from this post, please consider the following:
- Sign up for my email list
- Like The Messy City Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter
- Invite or refer me to come speak
- Check out my urban design services page
- Tell a friend or colleague about this site