As a complement to protected bike lanes (or cycle tracks), Nick Falbo writes and vlogs about protected intersections - a technique to make cycling safer for everyone. On the surface, it strikes me as a good solution - one that'll be useful on streets with sufficient right of way and a budget to afford the signals. Not all cities will have that combination, but for those that do it's well worth watching the video.
If you got value from this post, please consider the following:
- Sign up for my email list
- Like The Messy City Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter
- Invite or refer me to come speak
- Check out my urban design services page
- Tell a friend or colleague about this site