Recent pieces that caught my eye:
Los Angeles has a great "make your own parklet" program and guidebook. Your city can do this, too.
A very encouraging approach to subsidized housing is evolving in London, thanks to the Peabody Trust. Money quote:
“George Peabody always said that being commercially-minded was the key to surviving,”
KK comment: We need much, much more of that mindset in the world of housing.
If you got value from this post, please consider the following:
- Sign up for my email list
- Like The Messy City Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter
- Invite or refer me to come speak
- Check out my urban design services page
- Tell a friend or colleague about this site