Leadership matters. Even better is when leaders embrace a spirit of experimentation. Spend an inspirational 14 minutes watching Jannette Sadik-Khan, the former transportation commissioner of New York City, describe the changes she oversaw below. A few of my highlights:
- Around 2:14 she talks about the importance of setting goals.
- Around 4:55 what the Times Square changes say about public space vs traffic
- Starting at 6:50 she shows some of the lesser-known changes, but have applicability to virtually every city of any size.
If you got value from this post, please consider the following:
- Sign up for my email list
- Like The Messy City Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter
- Invite or refer me to come speak
- Check out my urban design services page
- Tell a friend or colleague about this site