From working with various cities throughout the country, 180º has found that when it comes to form-based code efforts, the goals from city to city can be very different.
It is important to define the areas where you want the form based codes to be applied and what types of applications are coming into the city. You must separate the good ideas from the bad.
Listen to Kevin Klinkenberg discuss how setting priorities and making decisions before crafting a code will help enforce what you envision for your city.
If you got value from this post, please consider the following:
- Sign up for my email list
- Like The Messy City Facebook Page
- Follow me on Twitter
- Invite or refer me to come speak
- Check out my urban design services page
- Tell a friend or colleague about this site